Mollie Stone’s Markets, an upscale grocery store chain, is looking for a reliable Accounting Manager to supervise the AP Department, as well as monitor, and evaluate all day to day accounting activities in our corporate office in Mill Valley. The perfect individual will be a proven hands on leader willing to work closely with the VP of Finance to develop, implement, and maintain the best accounting practices for the company.
- Obtain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure and develop the best accounting practices to enhance the workflow of the department
- Manage and oversee daily operations of the accounting department including an Accounts Payable team
- Work directly with team members individually to set goals and objectives, monitor and advise progress to enhance the professional development of each individual as well as the team. Provide coaching and training to new and existing staff.
- Review and ensure an accurate and timely reporting of weekly, monthly, and year-end financial reports
- Collaborates with the management team including Store Managers and Department Managers to support overall financial goals and budget
- Compilation of financial statements and various financial reports
- Assist in compilation of year-end reports for audit
- Support the VP of Finance with various tasks
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- At least 3 years supervisory experience in financial reporting and general ledger
- Must be proficient and able to strive in a fast paced setting in order to make deadlines
- Must have strong experience with MS Excel and Word
- Ten key by touch is required
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory, and customer service skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, employee discount, and more.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.